BULLETIN NO. 171 THURSDAY, MAY 25, 2017
1. Sophomores/Juniors who are planning to take a PSEO class online next year: Please see Ms Karnitz this week to get your paperwork completed. This needs to be done before you leave the building for the summer.
2. Juniors interested in serving as Student Council President next year should sign up in the office by 3:00 today. Grades 9-11 will vote at lunch tomorrow.
3. Remember to clean your belongings out of the locker room lockers. Items left behind after school is out will be thrown or donated!
4. Be sure to clean all stickers & tape off the front of your locker to save time at locker cleanout next week.
5. Band members in grades 8-11 are reminded to turn in your Watermelon Days forms.
6. Band members in grades 4-8 are reminded to turn in your Summer Lesson forms.
7. Jr. & Sr. high students: There is a list of missing library books in the cafeteria. Please check the list and return those materials to the library by TOMORROW. Absolute deadline!
8. Senior High Band members are reminded to turn in their RED pep band t-shirts. Cost is $8.00 if you would like to purchase yours.
9. Senior High Band and Choir members are reminded to turn in their BLACK music department t-shirts. Cost is $5.00 if you would like to purchase yours.
10. If you have borrowed books from Mrs. Wilmes’s room, please return them by tomorrow. Thank you.
11. 7th graders, don't forget to vote for your class AR representative in Ms. Zarrett's room today, and be sure to bring tennis shoes to English tomorrow.
12. If you borrowed an AR book from Ms. Zarrett, please be sure to return it by the end of the day tomorrow.
13. Be sure to leave your surfaces in the cart on Tuesday, May 30.
14. Lilly J, Haillie M, Cory A, Ben J, & Axil D – please take care of your unpaid bills from previous years!
15. Students who have aspirin or other over-the-counter medication should pick it up in the office and take it home before school is dismissed for the summer. We will dispose of any left after that. Myers, Amanda H, Zimmermann, Tucker J, Bode D, Jada R, L & N Pankonin, Carley B, Avery S, Lanee M.
16. Summer session of classroom Driver’s Ed will be held July 10 - 14 and July 17 – 21 from 8 – 11 a.m. Letters have been mailed out to students who qualify. If you did not get a letter and would like to take it, please stop in the office for the paperwork or see Mrs. Smith. You must be 14 or older to take the classroom session.
17. FFA members attending National Convention make sure to submit your $50 deposit before next Tuesday!
18. Current 6th graders and 9th graders (and anyone else who hasn’t had a physical in the past 3 years) who plan to participate in athletics next year should be sure to get a physical this summer. 6th graders will have forms sent home with them; anyone else can pick up forms in the office before you leave for the summer. We must have a current (within the past 3 years) physical in the office before practice begins in the fall. Questions, see Barb.
19. Remember to turn Triple Threat Basketball Camp forms into Coach Walker before school is out, or mail to the address on the form.
20. Swimming lesson registration forms for the Lamberton pool are available in the office.
21. Jr. high baseball players need to turn in clean uniforms to Mr. Jenniges this week.
22. Volleyball meeting for grades 8-11 tomorrow morning at 8:15 in the locker room for all girls planning to play next season.
23. Grades 5-7 Boys planning to play basketball next year will meet in Mr. Walker’s room at 8:10 AM tomorrow!
24. TODAY: Subsection track at Redwood Falls at 3:30. Bus leaves at 1:30, dismissed at 1:20.
25. TOMORROW: Commencement at 7:00 p.m.
26. SATURDAY: Baseball section game vs. E/SWC at 11:00 in Lamberton. If we win we’ll play again at 3:00. Softball vs. LQPV at 11:00 in Cottonwood. Bus leaves Lamberton at 9:00.
27. Lunch today: Pizza hotdish, corn, peaches.
28. Today in history: 1979 – American Airlines Flight 191 crashes on takeoff at Chicago O’Hare Airport, killing all 271 aboard as well as causing some ground casualties. It was the worst domestic air crash in U.S. history.
1. Detention this week: Mrs. Wilmes
2. 5-12 staff: Be sure to sign up in the office if you want us to order you a lesson plan book, grade book, or daily planner for next year. We only order for those who sign up!
3. 7-12 faculty: Check with Barb with next year’s detention supervision dates, especially if you wish to change.
4. Items for next year’s calendar should be turned in to Barb before you leave for the summer.
5. Staff members be sure to sign up in one of the offices if you wish to take part in the lunch Wednesday, May 31. Stacey will need numbers!