BULLETIN NO. 147 FRIDAY, APRIL 21, 2017
1. Eligibility slips are due at 3:00 today.
2. Details for this year’s Prom/Promfest are as follows: The evening begins at 5:00 with a meal at the Rockin’ Red Barn at rural Wanda. Parents are welcome to stop out and take some outdoor pictures, weather permitting. Students will then proceed to Red Rock Central High School for their formal prom pictures taken by Red Barn Photography, which will begin at 7:00 PM. Order forms are available from Mrs. Hubert and should be filled out before students arrive for pictures. The Grand March begins at 8:00 PM in the auditorium. Admission will again be $2.00 per person, with the doors opening at 7:00 PM. Following the Grand March the students will head to the gym for the dance with DJ Davis providing the music. The dance will conclude at 11:30; at that time the students will change into comfortable clothes here at school. At midnight students will load charter buses and head to Lake Crystal Rec Center for the night. Projected return is 7:00 AM. At that time breakfast will be served in the RRC cafeteria to conclude their evening.
3. Juniors & Seniors: You must bring a change of clothes for promfest before the pictures. We will lock them in the locker room. At 11:30 you will change here at school. We will have coat racks to hang your dresses and tuxes on. You will not be allowed to leave school before boarding the buses for Lake Crystal.
4. We will have a sendoff for Sarah Jeong who will be attending State Speech at 11:51 today. Please line the hallways on 1st & 2nd floor as we have in the past.
5. 8th grade band, 7th grade choir today.
6. Seniors: The final update to the scholarship list is posted. This is your last chance to apply for scholarships!
7. Soils team meets during 4A in the loft today.
8. The FFA bus to State Convention will leave at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Park in the parking lot, not the north side of the school.
9. There will be a Football meeting for all boys 8-11 interested in playing next year at 8:00 AM Wednesday April 26th in Mr. Jenniges’ room. See Mr. Jenniges if you are unable to make it on that day.
10. There will be a meeting for all Boys and Girls interested in participating in a Summer Strength and Conditioning program at 8:00 AM Friday April 28th in Mr. Jenniges’ room. If you are interested and are unable to attend the meeting see Mr. Jenniges for details.
11. Swimming lesson registration forms for the Lamberton pool are available in the office.
12. There will be a Triple Threat Basketball Camp coming up on June 12-14th in Lamberton for those going into K-8th (boys and Girls), and Grades 9-12 Boys. Please try to get your registration slips either mailed, or turned in to Coach Walker by the end of the school year. If you need a form, please see Coach Walker for one.
13. TODAY: Golf vs. WWG at Sanborn at 4:00. Jr. high baseball vs. TMB at Lamberton at 4:30. Baseball vs. Redwood Valley at Lamberton at 5:00. JV baseball vs. Redwood Valley at Westbrook at 5:00. Bus (one way) leaves Lamberton at 3:15. Jr. high track at Tracy. Bus leaves Lamberton at 3:10. Jr. high softball at Tracy (Homera field). Bus (with Jr. high track) leaves at 3:10.
14. TOMORROW: Jr. high softball tournament at Springfield. Bus leaves Lamberton at 7:20.
15. MONDAY: Jr. high baseball at Redwood Falls at 4:30. Bus leaves Lamberton at 3:15. Jr. high track at Slayton at 4:30. Bus leaves Lamberton at 3:00.
16. Lunch today: Corn dog, smile fries, mandarin oranges, ice cream.
17. Today in history: 1938 – Hitler secretly orders the Wehrmacht to draw up plans for an invasion of Czechoslavokia.
Red Rock Central yearbooks are now on sale!
• Offer Ends Friday May 5th (Absolute Deadline)
• Only a limited number will be printed, so place your order today to reserve a copy.
• Order online at https://aceyearbooks.mypaysimple.com/s/red-rock-central-high-school
• Pick up an order form at the High School or Elementary Office
• Price $45.00
• If you have any questions email email@example.com or call 507-752-7361
• Absolute Deadline Friday May 5th!
1. Midterm will be Friday, April 28, with grades due by 8:30 Tuesday, May 2.
2. Detention next week: Mrs. Derickson.
3. Stacey’s gone this week, so the office is short-staffed and transportation needs will have to be taken care of next week.
4. Some changes to this list: Students Gone for State Convention April 24 and 25. Gone Monday: Cade Bittner, Derek Werner, Jack Derickson, Trenton Halvorson, Dalton Piotter, Sam Dammann, Justin Klabunde, Amanda Hartson, Gage Ohotto, Lanee Myers, Nautica Weis, Ethan Price, Evan Blomgren*, Luke Engen*, Cole Jackson,* Ramsey Piotter,* Kallie Mattison*, Kyra Osland*, and Jamie Derickson.* Students Gone Monday and Tuesday: Kegan Zimmermann, Alex Thillen, Kennedy Vold, and Ryon Zimmermann***
*Now returning on Monday
***Now gone on Tuesday