Learn more about the new "AIM Camp" After-School Program for grades K-6!
(click image below for slideshow)
JOB OPPORTUNITIES with AIM Camp:
After School Program Group Leader
- Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. copying, form preparation, attendance, phone calls, scheduling, etc.) for the purpose of providing necessary records/materials and helping students succeed.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. reading stories, listening to students reading, language, spelling, facilitating activities, motor perception programs, colors, number charts, checking homework, etc.) for the purpose of presenting and/or reinforcing learning concepts and reaching their academic goals and potential.
- Develops and implements instructional learning activities for the purpose of improving students' academic, physical and social skills.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, library, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school rules and procedures regarding student behavior and participation and/or providing a safe, respectful and positive multicultural learning environment.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and students’ files/records, cleaning work area, taking attendance, checking homework, emergency cards, audiovisual equipment, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items and/or providing reliable information.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Salary is dependent on experience.
After School Program Activity Assistants
Under the general direction of the Group Leader and with guidance by designated school site management and/or certificated staff, the School Activity Assistant assists development and implementation of after-school and other student learning activities and experiences, including organizing and conducting classes, tutoring, program activities, and events, and monitoring of students.
- Assist in planning and implementation of academic, enrichment, health, and recreational extra-curricular learning experiences for students.
- Assist tutoring of students in academic subjects such as reading, writing, math, and other areas.
- Work effectively with students in after-school activities and assist with behavior management, discipline, interpersonal actions, and act as a role model.
- Help mentor students in a variety of learning and life experiences.
- Support environments that are safe, healthy, and conducive to student learning.
- Assist recruitment and enrollment of students in after-school programs and activities.
- Promote participation of students, school staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Must be 16 years of age and pass a background check.